One of the three co-founders of HiStreet, I mainly manage the marketing efforts and design behind the company. I'd describe myself as a jack-of-all-trades: I originally majored in biology, started a photography business, became a social media influencer, and take up various responsibilities withi...
HiStreet is a mobile application based in Hong Kong. We're here to help you find shops and other physical businesses by presenting the information you need in an easy-to-use interface.
At HiStreet we're collecting information of every retailer in Hong Kong. You may not know about all the hidden upstairs shops around... but we'll find them for you!
Currently, we’re launched in:
+ Wan Chai
+ Causeway Bay
+ Tsim Sha Tsui
Areas we’re launching soon:
- Sheung Wan
- More districts on Hong Kong Island
Hong Kong's retail world is a jungle. We are indexing all of the city's shops so people can find anything and everything.
=> What’s with the name “HiStreet”?
Our name is a friendly play on “High Street”, a common street name usually packed with shops. We thought “hi” and a wave would sum up our company vision and culture.
We are building our database by manually collecting data on the streets. Our Street Team checks every street, every building and every floor for retail businesses. The types of businesses you can find include:
• Fashion & Beauty
Our team is energetic and small, which means everyone is pretty close. Even though our part-timers and interns work mostly on their own accounts all over Hong Kong, we love to get everyone together to eat and explore the best places in town. Having fun is important to us!
Our Street Team is currently out there collecting data from shops, but they need the support of desk-based researchers. We’re looking for inquisitive and analytical minds to fill in any data missed by our Street Team.
Your responsibilities as Data Researcher:
- Internet research
- Check and validate data collected by our Street team
- Working hours are flexible
Who we're looking for:
- A university student or recent graduate (optional)
- Proficient in written English and Chinese (Traditional and Simplified)
- Detail-minded. It is your job as a researcher to spot any mistakes made by Street Team and correct them
Learning opportunities according to your interest:
- Photo editing
- Market research and analysis
- Marketing to users and business owners
- Having fun is also important to us! Try new adventures with other HiStreet teammates on our activities
Click "Want to visit" to apply!