No description available.
We are a bespoke catering, private kitchen and events company with two unique venues in Wong Chuk Hang, Aberdeen.
Drawing inspiration from the idlyllic shores of the Mediterranean, we serve carefully selected dishes to compliment one another with the highest quality ingredients to provide the best aromas, and flavours of the Mediterranean.
A catering and events company based in Hong Kong, Pomegranate is one of the leaders in the market. We spend time getting to know your unique vision for your event, and we work to make your dream a reality, from the initial concept through to design and coordination. We offer two unique venues in Wong Chuk Hang, and we provide this same full-service experience for offsite catered events.
Chef and owner, Maria Bizri, launched Pomegranate in Hong Kong in 2011. From her grandparents’ Mediterranean kitchen through to her extensive travelling across the Middle East and Asia, Maria is always incorporating elements of a diverse range of cuisines into an ever expanding repertoire of dishes.
- Experienced in event catering
- Creative and able to deal with different situations and client requirements
- Review and update menu seasonally
- Good aesthetic sense and strong plating skills
- Plan and be responsible for the operating budget
- Take charge of the general day to day running of the kitchen and constantly improving standards
- Manage food preparation and oversee control on cost, quality, quantity and portion
- Ensure hygiene standards are kept at all times
- Manage staff performance and provide coaching to team members. Including their skills, punctuality, personal hygiene and appearance
- Be involved in the recruitment and selection of all culinary team members, if needed
- Communicate with different parties effectively including suppliers, event team, and administrative team in order to ensure smooth operation of the kitchen
- Find ways of maximizing and increasing sales and/or yield, and improving operation efficiency and reducing costs without affecting food quality
- Relevant qualification and education in catering and event catering
- Minimum 8 years kitchen experience with 3 years at a supervisory role
- Passion for food and creating guest satisfaction
- Excellent people management skills and ability to delegate and coach effectively
- Keeps abreast of changing trends and influences
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing environments and management demands
- Good accounting skills