No description available.
Shopee is the leading e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia and Taiwan. It is a platform tailored for the region, providing customers with an easy, secure and fast online shopping experience through strong payment and logistical support.
Shopee aims to continually enhance its platform and become the region’s e-commerce destination of choice. Shopee has a wide selection of product categories ranging from consumer electronics to home & living, health & beauty, baby & toys, fashion and fitness equipment.
Shopee, a Sea company, was first launched in Singapore in 2015, and has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, Indonesia, Vietnam and the Philippines. Sea is a leader in digital entertainment, e-commerce and digital financial services across Greater Southeast Asia. Sea's mission is to better the lives of consumers and small businesses with technology, and is listed on the NYSE under the symbol SE.
Database Engineers take care of all database servers in Shopee and help to deliver large scale applications of e-commerce. We are looking for people with a passion for database, programming, and architecture design. High-potential fresh graduates with no prior experience are welcome.
• Responsible for MySQL and other relational database administrations and management (capacity planning, installation, backup, recovery, monitoring, optimizations, troubleshooting, etc)
• Support development teams and production teams for database designs and implementations
• Review existing system architecture and contribute to improve on the future architecture for database stability and a maximum of performance
• Define and develop projects that reduce database operational costs and automate regular tasks
• Research and develop new technologies and approaches for building highly available data persistence systems
• More than 3 years of relevant experience
• Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or related fields
• Familiar with SQL and relational database theory and knowledges
• Experienced with online production MySQL database operations
• Familiar with scripting languages (at least one of Shell/Python)
• Familiar with Linux systems, good system troubleshooting skills
• Functional English (written and oral) communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, at critical situations under pressure as well as day-to-day operations.
• Detail oriented, agile, flexible.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities.
Skills below are optional but preferable:
• Experience in system administration or development is preferred.
*NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS ONLY BASED IN SINGAPORE AND ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED*
Click "Want To Visit" if you will like an opportunity here in Singapore!