Grab is Southeast Asia's leading super-app that provides everyday services that matter the most to consumers. Through its open platform strategy, Grab works with partners to provide safe, accessible and affordable transport, food, package, grocery delivery, mobile payments and financial services to millions of Southeast Asians.
1. Trust that you will have a safe ride
Travel with confidence knowing that Grab’s top priority is your safety. From driver safety training and vehicle safety checks, to personal accident insurance coverage for all our drivers and passengers and government partnerships to promote safety, you know we have your back.
2. Take the transport option that fits your need
We put freedom in your hands. The most transport options, at every price point, with comfort, speed and affordability – you can have it all at the touch of a button.
3.Let us take care of you
We believe that a sustainable business is one that improves the lives of the people it touches – passengers, drivers, employees, governments and society at large.
Life at Grab is all about positive disruption – and yes, crazy days are part of that package too. Still, that’s never stopped a Grabber from having fun. In fact, it’s what keeps us motivated to shake things up further.
Life as a Grabber means succeeding in a culture of passion and innovation. We are hungry to make a difference, and recognise that good decisions often come from the heart. We are humbled by our communities, and are proud to serve them with honour. We come from all over the world, united by a common goal to make life better everyday for our users.
If you share our mission of Driving Southeast Forward, apply to be part of the team today!
Get to know our Team:
Grab’s Data Science Department works on some of the most challenging and fascinating problems in transport, economics, logistics, and the space around. We apply machine learning, simulation, forecasting, scheduling, optimization, and many other advanced techniques on our huge datasets to push our business metrics to their bounds, directly and indirectly. We foster a culture where we enjoy raising the bar constantly for ourselves and others, and that strongly supports the freedom to explore and innovate.
Get to know the Role:
• Report into the Data Science Dept
• Explore and extract insights from massive dataset of geospatial, behavioural, economic, and the interaction of millions of passengers and drivers and millions of rides per day from more than 65 cities across the region
• Build, validate, test, and deploy machine learning or other data science models to predict and influence the behaviour of supply and demand with the goal of optimising system efficiency of the platform
The day-to-day activities:
• Develop creative algorithms by employing machine learning and other data science techniques
• Contribute to team’s innovation and IP creation
• Collaborate with other data scientists, software engineers, and business operation teams
The must haves:
• Ph.D. graduate, or Masters(with at least 3 years of experience), in Computer Science, Economics, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Operations Research, or Mathematics/Statistics
• Understanding of machine learning, deep learning, data mining, algorithmic foundations of optimization
• Experience with machine learning framework (scikit-learn, Spark MLlib etc)
• Proficient in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, R, Scala.
• Experience with one or more big data processing frameworks such as Spark
• Experience or knowledge in Economics will be advantageous
• Self-motivated, independent learner, and willing to share knowledge with team members
• Detail-oriented and efficient time manager in a dynamic working environment
*NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN SINGAPORE AND IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, CLICK "WANT TO VISIT" TO APPLY. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.*