As a distributor, A Matter of Design acts as a visionary connector. They work to be a retail and distribution partner in the region. For European lifestyle brands that want to enter the Hong Kong and China market and need careful brand management and distribution. A Matter of Design will be their local partner and representative. They will be involved in local marketing, sales and logistics/distribution for the brands in their portfolio. They will continue to grow the brand portfolio, bringing in brands that are entirely new to market or those lacking presence or struggling with a fractured, sluggish distribution system.
“Art is only art if it is synonymous with living”— Alexander Girard
Alexander Girard was one of the leading American designers during the mid-20th century and was a strong proponent, along with his colleagues Eero Saarinen, Charles, and Ray Eames, Kevin Roche and George Nelson, for bringing affordable modernism to the middle class. His inspirational words resonate with A Matter of Design as our mission is to bring beautiful, contemporary, practical, high-quality, yet affordable homewares and furniture brands to Hong Kong and China, expanding the market offering and upping the ante of a desire for design. Girard’s understanding of the importance of ‘living’ with design is close to our heart. As people begin to understand the relationship of our spaces to well-being, the objects we surround ourselves with become increasingly relevant. Design influences our environments and shapes us – A Matter of Design was born from a sincere desire to bring better quality design choices to customers in Asia.
“We want to Improve overall shopping/selection process for those we serve – interior designers, architects, individuals, etc.”– Joanne Chow
Brand Values: A standard to measure performance & behaviours
EXPERTISE: Rooted in legacy in the region, deep understanding of the market and customer desires
AUTHENTICITY: Our brand portfolio only represents brands we believe in and that have a strong DNA
QUALITY: Both in the brands we represent and the services we deliver
VISION: We shape what the future of what lifestyle & design means to the communities that we serve
SERVICE: We deliver with ease, and are customer-centric in everything we do
Our Personality: What do we act like?
DESIGN-SAVVY: We understand the power and value of design
SMART: We work intelligently and seamlessly
FORWARD-THINKING: We innovate through anticipating needs and outcomes, we can spot opportunity
VIBRANT: We are driven and energized by our work and want to pass that on
GLOBAL: We are regional experts but global in approach, vision and style
A matter of people
We believe that people matter, from the people we partner with to the people we work with in-house. Our team consists of only the best: those who have great taste, great style and a wealth of know-how behind them.
What you will do:
• Report to Sales Manager at store for store operations and sales-related tasks;
• Provide Interior Design Service (IDS) to retail customers immediately at store;
• Understand BoConcept materials and products thoroughly to match customers’ needs
• discovered by Sales Advisor;
• Maximise sales opportunities by offering full-house solutions;
• Partner with Sales Advisor to upsell the transaction baskets.
Who we need:
• Proactive, passionate, demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers and
• store team;
• Positive attitude and willingness to learn;
• Fluent Cantonese, good command of English and Mandarin;
• 1-3 years of experience working at sales, retail or design industries.
What we offer:
• Staff purchase discounts;
• Motivating career progression plan;
• Extensive professional training programs, guidelines and information in all aspects of store
• A platform to chase your dreams