Social Impact Fellows (SIF) is a non-profit organization created for the 'Golden Age' (over 50) citizens to enable them to contribute to our society through individual or collective social-purpose projects.
We believe a platform like ours could serve at least three unique objectives:
• Enable like-minded people to come together regularly to exchange ideas, dreams, and aspirations
• Enable the pooling of resources and expertise to support each others' projects
• Function as a coordinating body to build networks with, and secure support from, other organizations (such as government agencies, foundations, impact investors, social good organizations, etc) to facilitate the launch of social purpose projects or scale up their impact
Our mission is to 'empower the powerful'. It is high time to change the society's perception of senior citizens as weak, inactive, unable to look after themselves, passed their prime, etc. In today's society those who are over 50 are the most experienced, seasoned, insightful and capable persons who could easily have 20 to 30 years of active life ahead of them.
The aims of SIF are
1) to inspire and support a critical mass of senior citizens
2) to draw on and make good use of their expertise, experience and networks
3) to tackle some of the burning social issues of our society
We are a membership-based organization. Membership is open to individuals only. Anyone who is 50+, shares our mission, and enjoys the company of a group of like-minded people, is our ideal member.
We do not expect our members to start a project once they join us. We would like them to get to know each better through our regular activities (currently in the form of monthly luncheons), exchanging and exploring ideas, finding partners and supporters, and gradually crystallizing projects for social impact.
Individually or collectively, we would like our members to leverage their 'golden years' to contribute to making our society a better place to live.
You can empower your powerful right here!
Social Impact Fellows is planning on building a membership reward program and a membership site, so visitors can sign up and access member pages and enroll for events/services online. We are looking for interns or freelancers to develop and manage this membership management platform by installing membership plug-ins or using membership website builders.
1. Interest in website or software development.
2. Self-driven and ability to take initiatives in developing a membership site.
3. Prior experiences on website design and development is a plus.
If you are passionate about social impact and would like to empower other's rights, please click the "Want to Visit" button. We would love to hear from you.