An energetic entrepreneur with a passion for creating engineering and technology-led solutions which have a tangible impact in society.
Co-Founder and CEO of Ampd Energy, a pioneering company that manufactures advanced energy storage systems for mission critical commercial, enterprise and indust...
We're committed to making the construction industry emission-free and see electrification and connectivity as a key part of this transformation.
Technological and societal progress over the previous two centuries has given the world everything from running water to medicine to automobiles to refrigerators to computers to smart phones to (unfortunately), fidget spinners. And yet the way we generate, transmit and consume energy has mostly remained unchanged. The bottleneck: the inability to (cost effectively) store energy when there is an excess and use pre-stored energy whenever there is a deficit.
Recent advances in battery technology has allowed for the first time, the ability to store energy ubiquitously and this has transformative potential for grid networks across Asia, which mostly remain weak, underdeveloped and poorly maintained. We believe that it is Ampd Energy which should be at the forefront of this transformation in Asia through its energy storage systems, starting with products for the commercial, enterprise and industrial sectors.
We're on the lookout for smart, talented and passionate people based in Hong Kong with engineering, business and design backgrounds. Drop us a line if you're interested in energy, startups, batteries, construction and leaving the world a little better than you found it.
We've started off by developing the Ampd Enertainer, an advanced, compact and connected Li-ion battery system to replace the dirty, noisy and hazardous diesel generators that power the world's construction.
Over 30,000 automotive grade battery cells, designed into fire and explosion-proof battery modules and high performance power electronics. With features, hardware and software carefully custom designed for the needs of the construction site.
We are seeking a Business Development Specialist to join its sales and marketing team. Ampd’s Entertainer provides a new way for the construction industry to power its growth vastly reducing emissions and providing a high level of data transparency. You will be responsible for transitioning construction companies to a cleaner future through lead generation and building trusted relationships while using data to convince our customers that there is a better way.
The work is varied and includes talking to the executive level down to construction workers on-site, presenting at conferences and events, brainstorming on new products with our engineering team and developing new ways to reach our customers. You won’t get bored!
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering.
· At least two years of prior experience related to business development with proven success.
· Strong communicator with high energy and a proven customer focus.
· Comfortable presenting innovative technology products in front of both small and large audiences.
· Technologically savvy - comfortable using and maintaining CRM systems and other digital tools.
· Ability to pick up technical concepts quickly and be able to explain them simply to customers.
· Working proficiency in Cantonese & English.
· Building, maintaining and closing a pipeline of customers and sales opportunities using your natural high energy and ability to build trust with people at all levels.
· Supporting existing customers, understanding their future development plans and building new opportunities
· Creating and presenting proposals for customers to match their specific needs.
· Building leads, through attending and presenting at events, providing case studies, referrals, cold-calling and other creative ways of reaching our customers
· Collaborate closely with the company's engineers to bring feedback for product development.
· Input and maintain our CRM database and the business development side of our ERP system.