No description available.
Outward Bound is a non-profit making organisation created to help people discover and develop their potential to care for themselves, others and the world around them through challenging experiences in unfamiliar settings.
We believe that the untapped potential of each person can be discovered through exposure to real and powerful experiences and challenging practical tasks. Such experiences and tasks are at the core of any Outward Bound journey.
Outward Bound is intended to be catalytic; to encourage change and help each participant achieve self-awareness and an understanding of others. It embraces both personal development and preparation for life in society.
Outward Bound also accepts the inevitability of change, recognising the need to prepare future generations for the challenges to come.
- is open to all without regard to race, social class, occupation, gender or nationality
- uses direct dramatic experiences in new and unfamiliar surroundings
- demands adaptability, self-discipline, resourcefulness and perseverance in the face of challenge and uncertainty
- provides personal development through the challenge of the sea and other natural elements
- fastens the ideas and practices of active participation in the setting of a supportive community
- encourages participants to co-operate with others, to give service to and to accept responsibility for others
- stimulates the imagination and a sense of adventure, as well as fastens true appreciation and concern for the environment
- places emphasis on practical work in small groups with adequate time for reflection, discussion and critical appraisal
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
The Head of Business Development (HoBD) is a critical full-time leadership role within Outward Bound Hong Kong (OBHK). Working in conjunction with Executive Director and the Leadership Team, the HoBD is responsible for ensuring that all elements of the business support the needs of clients, colleagues and Trustees and provides a sustainable platform as outlined in the Strategic Vision of the organisation. The role acts as the bridge between Operations (the delivery of high-quality outdoor education) and the business functions that enable them. With direct oversight of the sales, marketing and finance teams, this role will ensure that OBHK meets its financial responsibilities as a not-for-profit with fit-for-purpose business systems and processes.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Leadership and management of the sales, marketing and finance teams, fostering a team-based culture, ensuring positive interactions with other teams within the organisation, with clients and other external collaborators
• Establish systems for the effective financial management of the organisation, including management of the budgeting, procurement and inventory management processes
• Financial reporting and forecasting to the Executive Director, Treasurer and Executive Committee
• Help migrate OBHK away from hard-copy accounting to a nimble web-based (and paperless!) system
• Manage the external audit process
• Develop financial reporting processes for donations that enable effective impact reporting to donors
Sales and Marketing Responsibilities
• Develop a sales strategy that aligns with the Strategic Vision of the organisation and oversee its implementation with the sales team
• Develop a marketing and communications strategy to support the Strategic Vision of the organisation and in support of the sales strategy
• Co-ordinate with the Leadership Team to identify new products and revenue streams
Business Leadership Responsibilities
• Ensure business systems (CRM, account, ERP etc) adequately support the needs of all departments and facilitate the highest quality course delivery, to include data that informs decision making.
• Oversee the collection and analysis of client feedback.
• Ensure effective internal communications both within sales, marketing, finance teams and across the organisation
• Ensure that the skills and experience of sales and marketing teams are consistent organisational expectations and create plans for succession and additions to the team
• Establish clear functional structures for the externally facing functions, including the responsibilities and accountabilities of individuals
• Personal alignment with the vision and mission of OBHK and a desire to further the work of the organisation and its Strategic Vision
• Leadership capabilities that inspire and motivate others in the organisation
• Track record of responsibility for financial oversight and business development
• A relevant accounting qualification or direct experience of financial role
• Experience of managing change in an organisation
• A proven ability to create positive relationships within and across teams to enable effective change
• Experience of implementation and use of business systems
We look forward to hearing from you.