Brandnographer™ is a vivid insight consultancy that specializes in consumer insight, user experience and innovation. Headquartered in Hong Kong, our team own the largest ethnographers network across APAC region.
We believe in the power of ethnography. Our Brandnographers keep digging in the field to discover subtle behavior cue and eventually yield fruitful business opportunities.
What you’ll be doing in this role:
You will work closely with product teams and front end (UI / UX) developers to code the services that will enable the customer journeys. Working as part of high performing DevOps scrums you will be responsible for coding server-side services / frontend mobile app that conforms to the standards set out by the application development lead. You will be responsible for integrating those services with the front-end components Success for you is developing market differentiating services as part of an agile, customer centric development capability.
* Managing Microservices API access with data owners
* Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
* Design and implement of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
* Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
* Implementation of security and data protection
* Integration of data storage solutions
* Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
* Work collaboratively with design team to understand end user requirements to provide technical solutions and for the implementation of new software features
* Work with our platform engineering team, utilising agile best practice
* Build platform services and tools and improve existing ones
* Take part in decisions related to how we build new capabilities and functionality
* Gather requirements and scope out projects with the rest of the team
* Work closely with our fellow engineers, designers, QA and others
* Develop mobile app / components for iOS
Experience And Requirements:
* Previous working experience as a Python / Java Developer for 3-5 years
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
* Hands on experience with Django, Flask or other Python frameworks
* Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Jinja 2, Mako, etc
* Basic understanding of front-end technologies (iOS / Android)
* Experience working with source code management tools (e.g. Github, Bitbucket)
* Experience working with CI tools (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity)
* Proficient in database concepts and constructs, including data models (normalization, foreign key, surrogate key, etc)
* Proficient working with large data volumes (e.g. millions to billions of records)
* Proficient performance tuning SQL, including use of explains plans, partitions, hints, etc.
* Pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software or scripts
* Experience in Public Cloud Azure (Preferred), AWS, GCP
* 2 or more years professional "DevOps" experience managing toolchains and cloud-based production environments and a willingness to quickly get up to speed on our stack (Azure, Python / Java)
* Proficient in use of SQL and SQL scripts
* Experience in Automated Testing Tool, for unit test and functional end to end test, for both backend and frontend mobile
* Have the mind set / experience of Test-Driven Development
* Experience in developing mobile app in either iOS native coding or React Native
It'd be nice if you also have:
* Work experience in an early stage high-performing startup and cross-functional team culture.
Jumping on board to this adventure, you'll find us:
* A fast-paced, high-energy environment, which values proactivity and autonomy a lot. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
* A place that encourages personal growth and development;
Click Want to Visit if you are interested!