With one foot in the world of education and the other in technology, Preface aims to nurture and empower those with a passion to teach to suit the ever changing learning landscape around the world with our new educational product - Preface NOMAD.
Preface NOMAD reimagines a new classroom setting outside a traditional classroom and explores an environment that enables learning and teaching without physical limits or boundaries. All teachers will undergo a comprehensive training program provided by the certified MIT Trainers from Preface.
Since 2014, PREFACE has focused on providing education solutions to those that feels disconnected with the traditional learning methods. We believe that the world has improved and evolved at a speed that the education systems failed to match.
Driven by our motto that “There isn’t a thing that cannot be learnt”, PREFACE is here to deliver a solution to the mismatch via technology. We are here to offer a course so personalised that there isn’t a way a learner would be neglected; a curriculum so approachable that any learner would understand, and a delivery method so efficient that no one would say no to.
So don’t get us wrong, we are not just an education centre, but a game-changer and influencer in learning - from the learning spaces, our education Concept Store at Preface Coffee where coffee meets learning, to the course offerings and the new way of learning with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Technology.
We are scaling up quickly, and Preface needs someone to keep the momentum moving! If you are someone who is comfortable working in an agile environment, loves tackling market problem and influencing people, then you’re probably looking at the right job.
Read on if you want to thrive in our game-changing, yet fun and autonomous start-up culture!
As an ideal candidate, you will display the following core competencies:
- Cheerful, passionate and conscientious
- Self-motivated and driven, used to being in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about technology and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field
- Always curious about learning new things and taking up new challenges
- Strong communication skills not only to machines, but also humans
Your key responsibilities will be in the following areas:
- Expand networks of educators, curriculum designers, and other professionals
- Collaborate with educators, experts and other professionals to develop quality curricula and new learning resources
- Conduct research and develop stimulating curriculum plans, as well as recommend interesting additional resources
- Create supplementary guides and resource packs for teachers and students
- Monitor teaching progress and collect feedback from students and teachers, as well as make relevant changes to the curriculum
- Liaise and communicate between various internal departments and external stakeholders
- Provide administrative support as requested by management
- Has passion for education
- Possess 1 year’s working experience
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to adjust to different situations
- Able to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Proficient in both spoken and written English
- Flexible team player who is willing to do what it takes to get the job done and enjoys challenges
- Candidates with more experience will be considered as Assistant Manager or Manager