A social enterprise that designs tactile artworks, tactile-audio teaching/learning materials and bespoke products. We also curate multisensory experience for exhibitions, events, corporate and school programmes by utilizing our expertise in interactive & user centric design. Through our inspiring products and services offered to diverse sectors in the society, the quality of life for the visually impaired can be improved, and most importantly, enhance the awareness of social inclusion, accessibility and equality. With more connection to the world, the visually impaired can then benefit from more social participation and job opportunities.
Aims at providing our Tactile-Audio Interaction System (TAIS) services: a simple-to-create ‘touch synchronized’ tactile and audio tool. This tool will enable the VI and elderly with low vision to receive visual information through touching and hearing, not limited to accessibility to art but all possible aspects of daily life. Subsequently, trainings for TAIS production and services will be provided to visually impaired individuals so as to open up job opportunities.
BVP believes that art and culture inspires us, brings us together and teaches us about who we are and the world we live in, despite the differences in age, gender, race or physical conditions. Our designs stimulate other senses of the people, and bring attention to details we often miss in the era of visual culture overload.
BVP is looking for someone who is passionate about building an equal society to join our fast-growing team. We are expecting someone who can engage and communicate with a wide variety of actors across governments, universities, innovation centres, NGOs, funders and grassroots practitioners.
Qualifications and Experience
● Bachelor’s degree in Design or Art related disciplines
● At least 2 - 3 years working experience
● Interested in illustration, educational/instructional design, infographic design and icon/symbol design
● Ability to fit into a small rapidly growing organisation culture, an appreciation of the mission, vision and approach of BVP
● Ability to communicate to various stakeholders from a variety of sectors
● Flexibility of approach and the ability to work as a self-sufficient member of a team are essential
● Superior interpersonal skills in dealing with volunteers, colleagues, and project partners
● Experience of managing events/exhibitions is a big plus
● The opportunity to impact the world of social innovation and the visually-impaired
● A workplace that fosters and supports experimentation and initiatives
● A great working environment, in a coworking open space in the heart of Kowloon