Ex-investment banker turned hotelier, serial entrepreneur and tech investor. After leaving JP Morgan and HSBC, he joined Langham Hospitality as their Head of Digital. His background in Computer Science and digital strategy for hotels enabled him to create successful startups such as Catalyst Vent...
Telkie is a platform for discovering and facilitating private hotel deals with the goal to transform the way of hotel booking between end users and hotels. We offer digital solutions to hotels with the aid of a direct all-in-one messenger tool and B2C marketing communications. We have been working closely with renowned hotel partners in SEA and Hong Kong, including Cross Hotels & Resorts, one of the biggest names in South East Asia specialising in luxury and 5-star guest experiences.
(We are sick of OTAs dominating the hotel booking market. Aren’t we all???) We believe that the best hotel deals are always private and direct, and each and every guest deserves a stay like no other.
Telkie is a fast-growing travel tech start-up that puts emphasis on communication, both externally and internally. Our product connects end users with hotels and we pride ourselves on facilitating communication. We have a dynamic team behind the scene, we love bouncing ideas off each other and we are always open to chat because we believe that is the right way to grow together.
Communication is an art, and persuasion is one that takes the longest to master. We are in search of a Sales & Business Development Manager that refuses to take no for an answer and possesses the drive in salvaging the travel & hospitality industry in the current economy. With a passion to nurture a start-up, we’re also hoping to see a go-getter mentality in you and that you’ll take pride in Telkie’s offering.
What you will do:
You will help hunt down hoteliers in both Hong Kong and SEA, seek to understand their need for new technological and digital solutions, and use your negotiation skills to convince them why they need to join us in changing the landscape of the travel & hospitality industry.
- Prospect, pitch and close new hotels via cold calls, email exchange, and in person meeting
- Take control over your own pipeline, manage your portfolio of leads to ensure strong conversion rates and exceeds ambitious volume & quality targets
- Assist in the development of systems and processes to enhance the overall experience for new partners, from on-boarding to launch and generating sales
- Support our marketing team with strategic initiatives like cross-functional projects
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events
- Be the point of contact of Telkie in all business development, partnership and affiliation activities
- Develop quotes and draw up proposals and agreements for clients
- Understand the A-Z of our product
- At least 2-3 years of experience as sales, business development or marketing in the hotel industry or hospitality service provider
- Prior startup/hotel experience is highly preferred
- Proficient in spoken and written English and Chinese
- Knowledge in other languages such as Thai and Vietnamese will be an advantage
- A good team player with enthusiasm but also able to work independently with ambitions
- Self-motivated, committed, organised and possess initiative in the job
- Communicative, collaborative and resourceful in a dynamic changing environment
If you think you've got what it takes, apply and try your luck!