Head of Operations
Fair Employment Foundation builds market solutions to end the forced labour of migrant workers in Asia. Some of our initiatives are social businesses that generate revenue. Others are pioneering solutions and technologies that help workers and employers alike.
Since our set-up in 2014, we’ve:
Placed 5000 workers into jobs safely via our nonprofit recruitment agency, Fair Employment Agency that never charges fees to workers, and helped drive down fees charged to workers from by 65% in the six years of operations in Hong Kong so far.
Trained 600+ first-time migrant workers with life skills needed for successful migration at our nonprofit center, Fair Training Center in Manila, Philippines.
Educated thousands of members of the public on fair hiring and management of migrant domestic workers with our Employer Education and Fair Hiring Pledge initiatives.
We are now ready to scale our solutions in Hong Kong, the Philippines and beyond, and we are looking for a talented and ambitious change-maker to join our growing team.
We are a non-profit organisation based in Hong Kong.
Our mission at Fair Employment Foundation is to build market solutions to end the forced labour of migrant workers across Asia.
Migration has the potential to help bring millions out of poverty. But current misalignments in the market leave workers vulnerable to exploitation and does disservice to employers. Sadly, this is a problem across industries globally.
Fortunately, we know it can be solved!
Since 2014, we have been building out market solutions that will make migration work better for everyone. Our initiatives are setting the standard for ethical recruitment, training for migration, and management.
Our workplace culture is very unique, creating a friendly, open, and flexible working environment. At our Organisation, we are problem-solvers on a mission - We are not afraid of challenges and believe in changing minds with inspiration.
Our amazing team of people is what sets us apart, and we believe in investing in team members who are prepared to take on the challenge and grow in their jobs and careers in order to create lasting change.
What does an Assistant Accountant do?
- Undertake all aspects of financial management
- Develop internal control policies and procedures for the Foundation and it's affiliated entities
- Perform all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, and grant reporting
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual budget and report variances
- Prepare timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of grant reports as needed
- Prepare month-end and year-end closing and assist with audit process
- Manage and comply with Hong Kong reporting requirements and filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
What is it like to work in FEF?
- Meaningful work with a clear purpose
- Friendly and supportive working environment with passionate and energetic team members
- Embracing start-up culture of openness, innovation and autonomy
- Plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth
- 15 days of paid annual leave with 17 public holidays in Hong Kong
- Medical insurance including dental coverage
- 5-day work week and overtime is discouraged
- Flexible working hours
Who are we looking for?
- Firm belief in social change and passion for helping others
- Strong sense of accountability and commitment to our mission
- Eagerness to learn and open to feedback
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player with an upbeat and positive attitude
- Self-motivated and proactive to find solutions to problems
- Approach challenges with grit and perseverance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good Command of written and spoken English and Fluency in Cantonese
- Immediate availability would be ideal
Want to be part of our team?
We need brilliant people who believe business can be a cause for good. We need people who think big, but don’t mind digging through the details as we continue to build something special. If this sounds like you, come join us!
The Fair Employment Foundation Limited is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, marital status, or disability status.
For more information, please visit our website at www.fairgroup.org and our Linkedin page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/fairemploymentfoundation/