All changes begin with young leaders in classrooms.
We nurture ambitious leaders through a one-year leadership program, where they will lead students at underserved schools. After the Fellowship, these young leaders will go into corporates, government, startups, institutions, or remain as visionary teachers, to implement changes from all sectors in society and drive systemic change in education.
Ultimately, we are a growing movement driving systemic change to better education and one of the fastest growing social impact startups in Hong Kong.
Education underpins the prospect of our city. However, the success of our students is still dependent on their socio-economic background.
According to the Census Statistics, there are 281K children living under the poverty line in Hong Kong. Only 1 out of 10 students under the poverty line are admitted to universities.
We believe it takes a village to raise a child. To bridge the education inequality requires all sectors in society to work together. We nurture socially-minded, cross-section leaders through our Fellowship, partner with corporations to go into underserved schools and engage public awareness of education inequality and the need for paradigm shifts in our education.
We are now in our 7th year with 40 Fellows, teaching full-time in 17 local underserved schools and have served over 10,000 underserved students. We are also funded by the Government’s SIE Fund, The D. H. Chen Foundation and The Jockey Club Charities Trust and are thriving as one of the fastest growing social impact start-up.
Our Alumni has gone into corporates, education industry, professional services, and startups and continue to drive our movement forward, creating changes in education and influencing others to join our growing movement.
- Independently write, edit and publish content for social media posts/campaigns, websites, blogs, videos, email campaigns, thought leadership, and more
- Create content that motivates, inspires, educates, informs, provides information about TFHK and Fellowship program, across a wide variety of digital platforms to attract high-calibre talents for the Fellowship Program and individual donors
- Write creative and engaging posts including for various social networks primarily on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn and select images and videos to complement the text, based on our target audience’s behaviors
- Work closely with the other Brand & Growth team members to produce content and create advertising posts (e.g. for Fellowship recruitment, TFHK events, or attracting monthly individual donors)
- Use your editing, content management, and digital marketing knowledge to publish and update content across various digital platforms
-Use your knowledge of SEO and content development to create digital content that helps us get found via search engines, and showcases our company as a thought leader within the non-profit industry
- Assist the CEO, COO, Board of Directors on ad hoc requests as necessary
- 3+ years of experience in digital marketing, content marketing, social marketing and SEO/SEM marketing, preferably in corporates or start-up environments
- Superior oral and written communication skills (English and Chinese) with an innate attention to detail
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, social media analytics is preferred
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal communication skills
- Purpose and results-driven with an ability to accomplish tasks on deadlines
- Understanding of Gen Z wants and needs, and ability to incorporate insights in diverse facets of work
- Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to cope with ambiguity and the ability to work effectively and creatively
Benefits (What We Commit To You)
- Competitive remuneration package in an ambitious, rapidly-expanding social impact start-up
- Professional development opportunities in leadership, career development, etc.
- Generous leave policy, including a “flexible working schedule”
- Mentorship by seasoned leaders across industries
- Work in a collaborative, energetic team working towards a grand vision for education