Food Made Good is a sustainability consultancy with a membership body.
Our mission is to support a constantly growing group of foodservice sites, including restaurants, cafés, bars, cha chaan teng, workplaces and university caterers. We guide, assess, recognise, support and inspire them to reach for ever higher standards of sustainability. Our work has expanded to influence and impact more than 12,000 foodservice sites across the world, and we have ambitious plans to scale up in Hong Kong.
It is increasingly apparent that the way we produce, consume and dispose of food is at the heart of many of the sustainability challenges we face, such as:
Plastic Pollution – Food Waste – Climate Change – Deforestation – Biodiversity Loss – Water Scarcity – Forced Labour – Obesity – Poverty – Animal welfare
Our core value is turning passion into action.
We are a small yet agile team in Hong Kong who have a diverse range of backgrounds, from food policy, nutritional, sustainable development and economics, but most importantly we are all passionate about changing the food landscape in Hong Kong.
As a small start up, we have to take a flexible approach, and support each other to be a fast-acting high-performing team. We also work closely with the global Food Made Good team, especially the London HQ and offices in Japan and Greece.
⭐ Overview of the Role:
1. Scope out and design sustainability projects that meet the needs of our clients
2. Project manage the delivery of our programmes, ensuring they achieve their full impact with excellent client service
3. Identify new business opportunities with new and existing clients
The role of the Sustainability Strategist is to ensure the ongoing success of our consultancy projects, from design through to implementation and evaluation. The Consultancy unit within the organisation is one of the core functions, and allows the organisation to support partners by delivering bespoke programmes to tackle identified sustainability issues, whilst contributing to our mission of normalising sustainability in the foodservice sector. Examples of our consultancy programmes include: training, auditing, engagement, research, strategy and benchmarking.
You do not need to have technical expertise in sustainability, but we are looking for a candidate with strategic thinking, excellent project management skills and experience managing client relationships.
The role will be supported by ongoing management and coaching from a Senior Strategist .
🍱Sustainability Programme Design and Management
● Design and scope projects that encourage and enable our clients to commit to and practise transformative sustainability strategies
● Research and analysis on key subject areas, distilling into easy to understand content
● Ensure the effective delivery of consultancy programmes to clients in a timely manner and to budget
● Reporting of programme delivery and results of activities in accordance to clients’ requirements
● Develop and manage client relationships, clearly understanding their needs and opportunities, and establish effective ways of working
● Maximise the marketing and communication opportunities of Food Made Good through partners
🥝New Business Development
● Use influencing and negotiation skills for the writing of successful proposals for larger scale bespoke strategic consultancy programmes
● Contribute to the new business strategy, by undertaking industry robust research and evidence to identify commercial opportunities, achieving new business target
● Manage the ongoing reporting on the status of sales pipeline of opportunities
● Represent the organisation at events, networking and identifying additional opportunities
● Position Food Made Good as a leader in sustainability through our network of partners
● Develop relationships with existing members and industry bodies
● Proactively find opportunities to publicly raise the profile of Food Made Good
✅ Skills Required
○ Commercially astute, with demonstrable success in finding commercial opportunities and driving new business development
○ Strategic thinker with experience in designing and implementing programmes to achieve common objectives
○ Excellent Project Management skills, with experience delivering programmes for clients
○ Experience managing key client relationships
○ Excellent interpersonal and (written and verbal) communication skills
○ Strong analytical skills, with a keen eye for detail and excellent proofing skills
○ The ability to work both independently and as part of a wider team
○ Must have a strong passion and interest in both the food sector and sustainability
○Digitally savvy, with proficiency in Google Suite and MS Office applications. Other software such as Salesforce and WordPress is advantageous
○ A proactive nature, with a willingness to learn and be solutions-focused
○ Undergraduate and Master's Degree - social sciences, environment disciplines will be advantageous
○ Cantonese and Mandarin written and spoken at working proficiency
○ Experience with Design Thinking, Systems Thinking
○ Experience working in the foodservice sector
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team, Food Made Good will consider your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming; where cultural diversity is celebrated and valued. Diversity is a core value of Food Made Good HK.
👉Click ”I’m interested” to apply! Remember to FILL IN YOUR PROFILE and UPLOAD YOUR CV!
⚠️Empty profiles will NOT be considered