Joe MilnerManaging Director
Hi I'm Damith, Director Marketing & Operations at MB and co-founder of MB. I'm an Engineer and MBA by degree, a former 70s barman, 80s DJ and Nightclub promoter by trade, an ex-banker by career and misspent youth, and subsequent entrepreneur and now creator and purveyor of alcoholic (and some non...
Milestone Beverages is an independent Asia Pacific Wines & Spirits business that focuses on innovation, brand building and advisory. Currently working with Distribution Partners in markets across Asia Pacific and Europe, including major retailers like Costco, Carrefour, Dairy Farm, Hite Jinro, SM, Dan Murphy’s to name a few. We have a strong work ethic, with a convivial, entrepreneurial culture, focused on delivering results.
Brands include: BLOWFISH Australian Wine, ATILIUS Italian Wines, LANGLEY’S Gin, TAISTEAL Explorer’s Scotch Whisky, NUSA CANA Indonesian Rum, KINGSGROVE Californian Wines, MANATAPU New Zealand Wines, ONIKISHI Japanese Whisky, EL BANDARRA Vermouth and Aperitifs, THREE BIRDS US Hard Seltzer, WHISKEY ROW US Bourbon, PAU MAUI Hawaiian Vodka
We set out to create a Hong Kong company focused on building scalable brands, targeted at underserved markets and to the tastes of our landmates across Asia, and then the rest of the world. This includes creating our own brands in categories such as Scotch Whisky which were often oriented towards older male dominated demographics, and adjusting them to cater for traditionalists and newcomers alike, to demystify and democratise quality liquids and authentic stories for all.
MB prides itself on innovation, brand building and catering to diverse tastes, focusing on customer centric and data driven trends to produce new brands and creations that satisfy our palates and the tastes of a wide demographic.
We love the industry and analyse market reports, taste a lot of products and work closely with customers and suppliers to find the ideal market fit for our brands and partner brands within the Asian context or our sphere of influence. We partner with brands with a similar ethos that we personally believe in to fit within a portfolio that can satisfy the needs of the general bar, restaurant, hotel, retail shop and home drinker, with a few niche offerings from independent brand owners.
- Manage financial accounting, regular bank and credit card reconciliation.
- Facilitate Hong Kong and international payments (AP) and closely monitor local and international collections (AR) and in system (Xero)
- Manage and execute payroll and financial claims
- Prepare cashflow forecasts and coordinate with Logistics manager to ensure clear view of inflows/outflows
- Calculate sales commissions and other financial arrangements pertaining to ongoing partnerships.
- Process application and claims for government funding in a timely manner, and help to coordinate with auditors for yearly audit
- Manage mandatory employee HR processes & other benefits
- Facilitate documentation and processes for business related matters with company secretary
- Prepare sales reports from finance system to track Sales ad business performance
- Ensure key contracts, agreements and documentation are filed accordingly and followed up on a timely basis for renewal
Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of financial accounting, experience with Xero or similar finance app.
- Good communication skills, must be fluent in English & preferably Cantonese, Putonghua an added advantage
- Excellent command of Excel
- Previous food & beverage experience an advantage but not essential
- Problem solver, eager to learn and work in a fast-paced result driven environment