Hi! I'm Kirsten and I lead recruitment and community building at HYPE! My goal is to grow our team whilst creating a fun and fulfilling work environment
HYPE is the engine that powers the next generation of consumer brands. As the science behind the art of brand building, we leverage our full-stack engine -- from ideation, product development, manufacturing, logistics, marketing and distribution to our customers -- to build and scale our portfolio of purpose driven brands. We are building a one of a kind business, leveraging the best of customer insights, creativity, world-class operations and proprietary infrastructure to deliver the best brands, products and experiences for our customers.
We are a team of entrepreneurs, builders and operators. Our experience comes from hyper-growth startups (including Airbnb, Uber, WeWork & Flexport) and bring with us best-in-class execution and a strong track record of building some of the most successful technology companies of this era.
We create brands people love
HYPE is the creator, owner and operator of new venture businesses. We leverage strategic stakeholders by combining their resources & our entrepreneurial abilities to deliver the best lifestyle products to customers around the world
What you’ll be responsible for:
We don’t see our interns any differently from one of us. Our past interns have worked on:
● Market research and analysis - competitor analysis, investment due diligence, user research, basic financial modelling etc.
● Developing market entry strategies for our companies with opportunities to see these strategies through to operations in-market
● Prepare, review and update key communication materials for senior management
● Ad-hoc engagements and projects - we’re a small team with dynamic responsibilities!
What we are looking for
We’re looking for candidates who are passionate about start-ups and e-commerce - hustlers who want to create real impact and get the most out of their internship experience. Our interns will have:
● Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to communicate confidently in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
● Excels in a multilingual and multicultural work environment
● Creative, self starter who enjoys being involved in all aspects of the business cycle
● Ability to perform in high visibility situations, multi-task and manage time effectively
● A recent graduate or University student
What we offer you
● An international, diverse and inclusive work environment
● Be part of an industry and team that’s passionate about building real brands and shaping
● Space to share your skills and ideas – we welcome input from all team members!
● Open, respectful, fun company culture with regular team activities