Sprout was launched by Roots Technologies, a startup founded in 2019 by Andy Lee, an ex-Uber Asia Pacific business executive, and Tony Sun, a China product & engineering leader with a PhD in Computer Science from UCLA. Together, they have a combined 40-years of global startup experience launching companies to scale and building up the next generation of business and technology leaders. They saw a gaping need in the global marketplace to digitize our stakeholders information and relationships.
In 2019, we were selected to join the Hong Kong Cyberport Incubation Program and survived the great Covid-19 lockdowns of 2020 to launch Sprout. We were self funded and raised our first external round in 2020 with a group of five prominent, early-stage investors.
Today, our team is co-located in Hong Kong, Beijing and beyond and we are hiring! Be part of our mission to build better stakeholder management solutions and a stronger support network for us all.
Companies face a myriad of management challenges for their most important asset: its people. With antiquated, burdensome tools and offline processes, teams need a better digital solution and it is time to take control.
The founders of Roots Technologies are professional managers with decades of global experience. Join us and you will have a unique opportunity to work in Asia's premier financial hub while learning the best practices from Silicon Valley, China and Asia Pacific.
We will also aim to lead by example with a world class culture that promotes hustle, transparency, empathy, diversity & inclusion and ethical values. This is a startup in which you will learn and be compensated with a competitive combination of cash and a generous equity stake that will also grow as we hit operational and strategic milestones. We will be expanding our benefits to include a full range of benefits, including work visas, MPF, full health insurance and other reimbursement programs. Other perks will be related to creating a fun, comfortable working environment that seeks to balance and award outright sprinting, pure hustle and a sustainable work-life balance.
Join us in our mission to help teams better manage their stakeholders and start your journey and build the very rocket ship you will ride.
👉 For What We Are Hiring:
Sprout is looking for a talented person to help us build out our partnership and customer ecosystem across the Asia Pacific region. This role will drive strategy, advocacy, channel partnerships, and, ultimately, growth from our external partner constituents: that includes founders, lawyers, venture capital, accounting firms, corporate secretaries, private equity, and limited partners. You will start from the ground up to build and launch the very rocket ship in which you will ride. Join us in our mission to help teams better manage their stakeholders.
👉Team You Are Joining
You will be joining our founding team in Hong Kong and will work to strategize and build out all our future business development and go-to-market functions. This role will also closely work with our product and engineering teams to share marketplace insights and feedback.
👉 Problem You Will Solve
As our Head of Business Development, you will play a key role in building and nurturing Sprout’s relationships within the investment, advisor, and company secretarial community. In this role, you will...
- Create new champions for our partnerships and manage key relationships and grow our ecosystem
- Map, categorize and track the partner community that influences our prospects and customers
- Evangelize and deliver Sprout value proposition to partners
- Internally “conduct BD” and collaborate with peers across Sprout to leverage contacts across all regions and work cross-functionally with the rest of the team
- Operate in the field as a subject matter expert and as a consultative representative of Sprout, meeting with partner accounts and referrals
- Actively participate and build your network at industry events
- Uncover revenue-generating opportunities within this community
- Gather and share industry trends, competition, and market insights from the larger community to champion our partners and inform our strategic planning
- Collaborate with Product Management on future products and services we offer to our partner ecosystem
👉 About the Role
At Sprout, and particularly within this role, a successful Head of Business will have the ability to operate and manage comfortably and effectively in a fast-paced, startup environment. You will need to be/have...
- Prior work experience with, and potentially existing contacts within, the private capital markets and startup community as well as within greater business communities across the region
- Comparable partnership experience in business development or creating business referral programs.
- Exceptional networker with specific experience finding and connecting decision-makers
- Understanding of the SaaS business model
- Detailed, organized, strategic, and even creative with structuring and closing partnerships that align interests and motivate all parties to work together
- Authentic relationship-building skills / self-driven
- Strong communicator (fluency in Mandarin or Bahasa is a plus)
- Experience working in and/or have passion for the venture capital and startup ecosystem.
- Experience as an early-stage investor, investment banker, or portfolio or program management professional at a venture capital firm or an institutional investment firm/family office which has invested in the venture asset class.
We are building stakeholder management tools for teams so we will lead by example with a world-class culture that promotes diversity and inclusion and enable our people to reach their maximum potential. Finally, but not least, you operate transparently and as a team player with strong ethical and moral beliefs.
👉 As a new member
You will have a unique opportunity to join a startup and learn the best practices from Silicon Valley and China against the backdrop of a traditionally financial hub like Hong Kong. This is a startup in which you will learn and be compensated with a combination of cash and an equity stake that will also grow as we hit operational and strategic milestones. We will be expanding our benefits to include a full range of benefits, including MPF, full health insurance, and other reimbursement programs. Other perks will be related to creating a fun, comfortable working environment that seeks to balance and award outright sprinting, pure hustle, and a sustainable work-life balance.
👉 Please click ”I’m interested” to apply! Remember to FILL IN YOUR PROFILE and UPLOAD YOUR CV!
⚠️ an empty profile will not be considered