Food Made Good HK is a social enterprise and membership organisation helping restaurants become more sustainable and diners make more sustainable choices when dining out. Our members include a broad range of foodservice providers and suppliers, including neighborhood favourites, high street chains, pubs, workplace canteens to Michelin-starred fine dining restaurants.
Our mission is to help foodservice businesses to operate more sustainably, and our vision is that by doing so at scale, we can create a sustainable food system.
Our Headquarters are in London, and we also have offices in Japan and Greece.
As a chapter of the UK’s Sustainable Restaurant Association, whose work has expanded to influence and impact more than 10,000 foodservice sites, we have ambitious plans to continue this great work on the other side of the world in Hong Kong.
Our mission is to support a constantly growing group of restaurants, cafés, bars, cha chaan teng, workplaces and university caterers. We guide, assess, recognise, support and inspire them to reach for ever higher standards of sustainability in four main ways…
1) Defined, recognised and accepted understanding of Sustainability for foodservice
2) A standardised Ratings accepted and widely recognised by the industry
3) Recognition of the best through an annual Awards ceremony
4) Support with an online Community platform
The need for a common, accessible framework and organised network has never been greater as it becomes increasingly apparent that the way we produce, consume and dispose of food is at the heart of many of the sustainability challenges we face, including:
Plastic Pollution – Food Waste – Climate Change – Deforestation – Biodiversity Loss – Water Scarcity – Forced Labour – Obesity – Poverty – Animal welfare
Our core value is turning passion into action.
We are a small yet agile team of five in Hong Kong who have a diverse range of backgrounds, from food policy, nutritional, sustainable development and economics, but most importantly we are all passionate about changing the food landscape in Hong Kong. As a small start up, we have to take a flexible approach, and support each other to be a fast-acting high-performing team. We also work closely with the global Food Made Good team, especially the London HQ.
The role of the Sustainability Strategist is to lead the Consultancy Programmes and to ensure their ongoing success. The Consultancy pillar is one of the core commercial income streams and allows the organisation to support partners by delivering bespoke programmes to tackle identified sustainability issues, whilst contributing to our mission of normalising sustainability in the foodservice sector. Examples of our consultancy programmes include training, auditing, engagement, research, strategy and benchmarking.
The Sustainability Strategist will take on responsibility for all elements of this area of work (with the support of the CEO). This includes: scoping out new business opportunities, the writing of proposals, the design of projects to meet partners needs, the execution and the evaluation. The postholder also needs to ensure that programmes are delivered on time and within budget.
In addition to the Consultancy pillar, the Sustainability Strategist will provide support and coaching to the Membership pillar, specifically ensuring that all activities delivered across the two channels are aligned, strategic and commercially viable.
More generally, the post-holder will understand the challenges facing the food system or be willing to learn quickly on the topic and will be ambitious in the articulation of the solutions. You are passionate about helping people understand the positive impact that we can have on the planet through the food we choose to put on our plates, and you are interested in sharing knowledge, ideas, resources and solutions.
- Work with existing and prospective clients to develop project briefs, scoping requirements
- Design and develop projects that encourage and enable our clients to commit to and practise transformative sustainability strategies
- Keep on top of the latest trends, legislation, standards, insights and best practice across the sector
- Ensure the effective delivery of bespoke consultancy programmes to clients in a timely manner and to budget
- Reporting of programme delivery and results of activities in accordance with clients requirements
Client Relationship Management
- Develop and manage long term client relationships, clearly understanding their needs and opportunities
- Build strong relationships with key contacts and establish effective ways of working, understanding client internal, organisational, and political structures
- Maximise the marketing and communication opportunities of Food Made Good through partners
New Business Development
- Successful writing of proposals for bespoke strategic consultancy programmes with new and existing clients
- Support wider team with lead generation and pitching for membership recruitment
- Build the capacity of the team and deliver ongoing reporting on the status of sales pipeline of opportunities
- Represent the organisation at events, networking and identifying additional opportunities
- Position Food Made Good as a leader in sustainability through our network of partners
- Proactively find opportunities to publicly raise the profile of Food Made Good
- Undergraduate and Master’s Degree – social or environmental sciences and food disciplines will be advantageous
- Commercially astute, with experience in finding commercial opportunities and driving new business
- Strategic and critical thinker with experience in designing and implementing programmes to achieve common objectives
- Experience developing and writing strategy documents (inc. policy mapping, gap analysis)
- Excellent Project Management skills, with experience delivering programmes to time and budget
- Experience managing key client relationships
- Native level English (written and verbal) communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, detail-minded
- Must have a strong passion and interest in both the food sector and sustainability
- Proficiency in Google Suite and MS Office applications
- A proactive nature, with a willingness to learn and be solutions-focussed
- Experience with problem-solving tools such as: Systems Thinking, Design Thinking, Futures Thinking
- Experience using IT software: Salesforce, WordPress, Mural
Click 'I'm interested!' to get in touch! (Please fill out your profile before application, empty profiles will not be considered.)