We operate from one of the largest makerspace in Hong Kong to offer people the space, tools and training to become innovators. For our projects, we have developed a comprehensive innovation curriculum, backed by a large community of scientists, artists, researchers and experts from Academia.
Apart from the makerspace in Tsuen Wan and a smaller one in PMQ Central, we also assist in setting up makerspaces in youth centers and schools, both in Hong Kong and abroad.
In 2015, MakerBay was established by Cesar Jung-Harada, a Japanese-French educator, environmentalist, and entrepreneur, in order help underserved youth to make an impact by developing their maker skills and mindset, as well as forming an inclusive maker community.
We are a non-profit innovation organization with a community of makers passionate about bringing social and environmental impact, through educating people to apply hands-on skills and design thinking to create tools and designs that can send a message, make an impact and help those in need in our society.
This position will primarily focus on our AI programme, bringing AI education to underserved youth in Hong Kong. You will guide the youth in learning, playing and solving real-world problems with AI. The ultimate goal is to make an impact on the community by helping the youth develop AI knowledge and encouraging innovations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver in-class AI training workshops for youth and their parents with the provided curriculum and training materials
- Manage class discipline and student motivations
- Work with other team members to review and further develop the training content
- Coordinate and support any tasks assigned
- Passionate in coding / AI / Tech
- Willing to work with the youth and their parents
- Fluency in Cantonese
Soft skills required for the role:
- Enjoy working with people - as you will be working with them a lot!
- Teamwork - you will be working with members in MakerBay and with many other external partners as a team for the same goal.
Working Hours and Location
- Working hours: Five-day work week
- Locations: Mainly at Makerbay HQ at Tsuen Wan, Occasionally in MakerBay Central, partners or client sites.