OneDegree (“The Group”) is a new generation of InsurTechs that is reimagining the industry with design and digital innovation. The Group’s mission is to set new standards for insurance that puts customers first.
OneDegree Hong Kong Limited ("OneDegree Hong Kong”), a subsidiary of the Group, is among the first batch of virtual insurers authorized by the Hong Kong Insurance Authority to provide insurance products purely through online channels. OneDegree Hong Kong prides itself on providing breakthrough innovations in products and services, with measurable benefits in the scale of 10x, powered by its digital platform.
Our mission is to make insurance simple, transparent, and do what it was always meant to do: Protect us from the risks that come with life, big or small.
Our name OneDegree comes from the “six degrees of separation” theory, which says that any two strangers on Earth are at most only six connections away from each other. Modern technology has narrowed that gap even further.
Leveraging on our tech capabilities, we’re making insurance more accessible and more user-friendly than ever before. We hope to be closer to our customers and change the traditional insurance model, one degree at a time.
We are looking for a Customer Care Associate who act as a brand ambassador by assisting and resolving customer inquiries on a variety of communication channels. This role will be responsible for capturing customer's expectations, preferences, and aversions while finding helpful solutions and delivering exceptional, professional service in every interaction.
If you are customer-centric and solution-oriented, come and join our team!
What you will be doing:
• Communicating with customers through various channels including social media, email, live chat and phone calls
• Actively listening to customers and maintaining a friendly, positive, professional attitude
• Resolving difficult situations with creativity, tact, and diplomacy
• Providing information for customers to resolve their problems
• Setting up processes for assembling customers feedback and liaising with key internal partners to improve company’s products
• Helping with writing educational content and FAQ sections
• Providing cross-team supports for example Claims, Policy Admin, Account Management and Product Development
• All other duties or projects as assigned
What we are looking for:
• High school certification or above, bachelor’s degree is a plus. Fresh graduates are also welcome.
• Experience with general insurance industry is preferred
• IIQE Paper 1 and 2 Certificates are required
• Passion for providing Customer Service (empathy, patience, friendliness, positive attitude, proactivity
• Excellent communication in verbal and written form (Both English and Chinese)
• Excellent typing skills in both English and Traditional Chinese
• Excellent organisation and time management skills
• Ability to navigate through multiple computer applications with speed and accuracy
• Ability to work independently, take direction, and prioritize accordingly
• Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
• Highly self-motivated, organized, and a team player
• Willingness and ability to operate in a team environment
*** No selling or cold / warm calls are required
• 5 days work per week
• Weekend and public holiday shift required
More about us:
• Fast-growing insurtech startup in Hong Kong
• Young and energetic team
• Flat organization structure
• Opportunities to grow and shine!
We value our employee - let’s check out what we offer
• Medical benefits
• Work-life balance environment
To us, people are our greatest asset and we are more than happy to invest in employees! We create a healthy work atmosphere and provide you with the tools and support for doing your job successfully. With a culture of flexibility and transparency, we believe there should be no barriers, and everyone’s contributions matter.
We would like to be an ‘EMPLOYER OF CHOICE’!