OneDegree (“The Group”) is a new generation of InsurTechs that is reimagining the industry with design and digital innovation. The Group’s mission is to set new standards for insurance that puts customers first.
OneDegree Hong Kong Limited ("OneDegree Hong Kong”), a subsidiary of the Group, is among the first batch of virtual insurers authorized by the Hong Kong Insurance Authority to provide insurance products purely through online channels. OneDegree Hong Kong prides itself on providing breakthrough innovations in products and services, with measurable benefits in the scale of 10x, powered by its digital platform.
Our mission is to make insurance simple, transparent, and do what it was always meant to do: Protect us from the risks that come with life, big or small.
Our name OneDegree comes from the “six degrees of separation” theory, which says that any two strangers on Earth are at most only six connections away from each other. Modern technology has narrowed that gap even further.
Leveraging on our tech capabilities, we’re making insurance more accessible and more user-friendly than ever before. We hope to be closer to our customers and change the traditional insurance model, one degree at a time.
We are looking for a Head of Risk to ensure adherence to the holistic risk management framework, a strong enterprise risk culture, clear risk ownership and consistent & complete risk challenge.
If you are entrepreneurial and self-directed, come and join our team!
What you will be doing:
• Leading the Risk and Compliance function
• Business partnering with functional team leaders to implement risk management framework
• Establishing operational procedures which are right size for the Company and teams.
• Liaising and responding to Insurance Authority on risk and compliance related matters
• Working on RBC framework and perform quantitative analysis
• Conducting regular exercise on risk appetite, risk review, sensitivity analysis and stress test
• Ensuring the Group’s compliance with applicable laws and regulatory requirements, as well as internal policies and controls.
What we are looking for:
• Minimum 6 years’ experience with sound knowledge in various internal controls, operations, risk management or legal & compliance function. With a mixture of first line and second line experience
• Familiar with the Insurance business and respective regulatory requirements
• Strong leadership, communication, negotiation, and presentation skills with experience in working with executive level
• Strong command of both written and spoken English, Mandarin and Cantonese
More about us:
• Fast growing insurtech startup in Hong Kong
• Young and energetic team
• Flat organisation structure
• Opportunities to grow and shine!
We value our employee - let’s check out what we offer
• Medical benefits
• Work-life balance environment
To us, people is our greatest asset and we are more than happy to invest in employees! We create a healthy work atmosphere and provide you with the tools and support for doing your job successfully. With a culture of flexibility and transparency, we believe there should be no barriers and everyone’s contributions matter.
We would like to be an ‘EMPLOYER OF CHOICE’!