Steel Available is a data-driven supplier relationship management and sourcing platform that connects buyers and suppliers while ensuring compliance and visibility in the heavy industry. We are an online marketplace dedicated to steel products likes pipes, fittings and valves for the energy sector. We aim to make sourcing easier, faster and more transparent for heavy industries around the world. Our objective is to bring digital transformation into this conservative and fragmented market.
We have been selected in December 2015 for 6months accelerator program at blueprint sponsored by Swire Group and in April 2016 for 6 weeks Startup Next accelerator program sponsored by Techstars.
At Steel Available, we are dedicated to creating a collaborative and transparent ecosystem within the industrial world. With trusted supplier information provided, we match the high requirements of a buyer with the expertise of suppliers. We attract customers from various markets such as oil and gas, power generation, and renewable energies who are seeking customized products and commodities.
By 2020, the pipes and fittings market will be worth approximately USD 320 billion, of which 75% will be generated from the Asia-Pacific. To anticipate this fast-growing industry and achieve our company goals, we have our highly skilled team in collaboration with our trusted network of partners around the world.
Our CEO, Francesco Grillo, has ten years of managerial experience at Asian industrial companies, and is knowledgeable about the technologies in supply chains and am skilled in navigating the Chinese and South Asian business environments. Having experienced firsthand the existing obstacles within the industry, he is passionate about overcoming these challenges through digitalisation and collaboration with a trusted network of partners around the world.
Reduce the hidden risk in value chains by providing the information that matters, from compliance to quality assurance, creating value for all stakeholders.
Become a network enabler to build an ecosystem for the heavy industries and ignite collaboration across the world.
We believe in an industrial world made of trusted, passionate, and dedicated people. We work to achieve this with an openminded, agile, and customer centered approach.
Within the small but enthusiastic team based in Hong Kong, China and Italy, you will actively take part in the development of the project with challenging missions.
You will report to the Founders in Hong Kong and will work closely with the rest of the team. By understanding our mission and our clients’ needs, you will collaborate with our team to develop Steel Available sales and business development.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- In charge of Industrial Valves market
- Generate potential business deals by contacting potential & well-established clients
- Close deals by coordinating technical and commercial requirements; developing and negotiating contracts across parties as lead
- Continuously develop supplier/customer relationships for future business growth
- Plan sales target and update sales report on weekly/monthly basis with insights from customer engagement
- Conduct Category Research on industries, publications, announcements and events (markets, price, new products, processes, compliance/standards, quality etc)
- Perform and Execute Category-specific business forecasting, pipeline planning (activities, timings, resources, dependencies etc)
- Compile business development documents from business operation, client contact and research, and develop frameworks/tools for business growth
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- University graduate in Engineering, Material Science or related disciplines
- Minimum 5-10 years in Industry/Energy/relevant sector; experience in Asia preferred
- Technical expertise and Product & Market understanding of Valves value chain (manufacturing, sourcing or sales) strongly required
Solid Sales experience with proven Track Record (closing, prospecting, planning, selling to customer needs, presentation, meeting sales goals); skills in managing multiple, complex sales cycle is a plus
- Detailed-oriented, analytical, flexible, fast-learner
- Strong communicator to both clients and the team, in terms of social media, phone call and written correspondence
- Interested in a dynamic, growing startup environment and innovating traditional industries
- Skills in Spend & Cost analysis and procurement tools is a plus
- Fluent in English; other European / Asiatic language (eg. Mandarin) would be a plus.
If you think you have what it takes to be part of the Steel Available team, complete your Wantedly profile and click on the "Want To Visit" button to connect with us! We look forward to chatting with you soon.