* Responsible for data entry in an accurate and efficient manner * Assist to prepare condition/visual check reports of artwork according to procedure * Coordinate with warehouse team to carry out all warehouse activities without physical handling * Assist to maintain timely and accurate inventory record and assign location to be stored/transferred. * Help with stock check in warehouses in a regular basis * Provide onsite support at exhibition centre, when required * Perform ad hoc tasks/projects as assigned.
* Liaise with different clients who paid rapt attention to our selling artworks through emails and face-to-face meetings customers’ better understanding of artwork * Design attractive posters and stickers monthly to introduce what are currently on sale in the gallery and to bring every artist’s work to the public’s attention * Write analysis in every single oeuvre in the gallery and post it on the website for customers' better understanding of artworks * Deal with the content in the majority of social media posts of Artyze, aiming at reaching customers that are inclined to use online platform for purchasing artworks
* Accomplished translation the artwork’s analysis from English to Chinese for exhibition catalogue and wall-text * Created a content research framework on the next exhibition featuring Hou Beiren’s ink paintings and gathered information about the artist through flipping over pages of Hou’s catalogue and close examination on his work of art * Measured the dimensions of each painting exhibited in the 20th century Modern Ink Painting of China exhibition * Involved object handling when placing and positioning handscrolls and hanging scrolls on the wall and inside the glass vitrines
*Answered customers’ enquiries on phones or emails about the commission rules of the auction house and regulations of purchasing lots *Managed the shipment of auction events’ catalogues to our exclusive VIPs of the auction house, the press and overseas customers *Categorized different lots after receiving them from the sellers and requesting with the pertinent specialists for making an estimated value for each of the lots *Checked the legal documents needed for the auction event prior to the preview and bidding sessions *Devised name tags and forms for all participating student helpers in the Spring 2018 auction house event
*Held a cultural exchange tour for secondary school students to let them get exposed to the development of performance and traditional art in Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei *Designed all publicity materials for promoting the cultural exchange tour, such as Facebook and Instagram feed images, posters, banners, name badges, exchange booklet and certificate for all supporting art institutions *Aided the organisation and facilitated the execution of “Art Administration Workshop” activity by leading ice-breaking games, escorting participants to visit Tai Kwun and The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts for gaining insights into art and cultural site in Hong Kong *Undertook any ad-hoc tasks assigned by the art administration staff
Exhibition Assistant of Spring Auction and Part-time in Jadeite Department
*Proofread manager and senior of Jadeite Department’s description on each lot items prior to the publish of the lot catalogue *Set up different booths for the preview and handled jades of different size and weights during the preview session
*Browsed all previous exhibitions’ catalogues and books for making an analysis in the folk art’s preservation in China *Collected various kinds of folk art oeuvre, like Fujian puppets, Tianjin clay sculptures and wood engravings from the artists *Did research on the topics which will be the theme of the upcoming exhibitions, like the Chinese sculpture exhibition in the September, which are prepared for the writings of catalogues *Used MS Office tools like PowerPoint and Excel for presentations and data collection, which then enables one to find the measuring information on folk art oeuvre easily and evaluate the condition of different collections.
*Participated in the publish works of the auctioneering catalogues with colleagues *Assisted auctioneer at auction by tagging and arranging articles for sale *Wrote assigned record numbers on tags and wire tags to articles *Designed the set-up for the display of items and exhibited them carefully
Concentration: Art History and Visual Culture; History
One-semester exchange programme
Leaflet Designer for Cafe330
*Designed innovative and creative posters for student’s extra-curricular activities with the use of various digital software *Collaborated with freelance designers to better my graphic designing skills *Worked regularly with Marketing manager to quickly assess, design and ensure delivery of designs in a timely manner *Designed and executed across social media and mass email at HKU
2016-3 - 2016-10
Promotional Team and Poster Designer for Cafe330
*Worked in a timely manner for Poster design in various events *Listened carefully to the managers and incorporate their ideas with my creativity into the posters *First-hand experience in designing works for promoting mentally-ill patients reintegrating into the society
2016-2 - 2016-5
Participants of Fresh Project organised by Chinese Education Association, HKUSU
* Designed charity posters for the promoting child poverty in China’s rural areas * Executed designed posters through HKU mass email and social media, e.g. Instagram and Facebook * Designed T-shirts and crafts that serve for the entertaining and promotional purpose of different charity events
2015-9 - 2015-11
Volunteer of Hong Kong Arts Festival Society
2019-2 - 2019-3
Volunteer at Ink Global Festival
* Escorted the overseas ink painters to the airport, hotel, exhibition venue and other event venues * Acted a role of interpreter for overseas guests in seminars and other exhibition programs if necessary * Assisted public registration for entry and exhibition programs * Delivered promotional materials and handled enquiries from visitors and guests * Set up the venue and prepared materials and assisted the hosts as well as guest speakers in Q&A and demonstration sessions
2017-8 - 2017-8
Evergreen Enrichment Scholarship
Hong Kong Museum Society & The University of Hong Kong Museum Studies Prize
Young Friends of the Year & Best Intern at Hong Kong Arts Festival Society
Poster Design commissioned by Artyze Gallery to promote an Iranian female artist - Vianne Savoli
Vianne's work of art concerning about male's gaze and voyeurism have been in vogue in the art mar...
Works of Design for the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei Cultural Exchange Programme (organised by Hong Kong Arts Festival Society)
These images served as recruitment and promotional purposes - including images of participant rec...
Booklet Design for Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei Cultural Exchange Programme (organised by Hong Kong Arts Festival Society)
The 32-page booklet was meant to be accompanying with the exchange programme's participants in Be...
Works of Design for Social Media Sites of Hong Kong Arts Festival Society's Outreach Department (a.ka. Young Friends)